Invite a friend
Paintings by Carol Johnson on Display @ Bernardsville LIbrary in January
Oil paintings on canvas by Carol Johnson will be on display in the library’s Community Room during the month of January in an exhibition titled "Images of Land and Sea." The public is invited to the artist’s reception on Sunday, January 6 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm.
Ms. Johnson creates her landscapes from photographs she has taken in her travels throughout the United States, Europe and the Caribbean. Other subjects of her focus include local birds and the houses and pets of her friends and family.
Ms. Johnson has studied the art of landscape oil painting at various times over the past 35 years, and she has been pursuing her art career more actively since her retirement from Chubb and Son as a computer programmer and data architect. She started painting while earning a B.A. in Music Education at Douglass College and is currently studying with Eleanor Morehouse of Somerset. Her work has also been influenced by classes taken in Italy using egg tempera and watercolor with Fred Wessel and Jeremiah Paterson of the Hartford Art School.
As a member of the Morris County Art Association, she exhibits her work in their shows as well as having had her own exhibits in 2008 at the Bridgewater Library, in 2009 at the Mendham Borough Library and 2010 at the Atlantic Rehabilitation Hospital in Morristown. She has also participated in juried art shows in Tewksbury and Bernardsville Public Library.
This exhibition will be on view in the library’s Community Room during regular library hours unless a meeting is in progress. For further information, please call the library at 908-766-0118.
More About Bernardsville Public Library
The Bernardsville Public Library is a primary resource for the borough, offering not only library and media services, but also exhibits, entertainment and programming for all ages. The library also has been designated as a shelter and information center by the borough's Office of Emergency Management.
Other events here
- Guerrilla Marketing Strategies Tomorrow, May 22, 6:30 pm
- Grow Your Own Food, Organically Thu, May 23, 7:00 pm
- Memoirs & Coffee Book Group to Meet @ Bernardsville Library Tue, May 28, 10:30 am
- The University of Can Do Master's Program Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- Saturday Samplers Book Group to Meet Sat, Jun 1, 3:30 pm
- "Feathers and Petals" - Photographs to be Exhibited @ Bernardsville Library Sun, Jun 2, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Never Forget a Password Again: Passwords in the Cloud Thu, Jun 6, 1:00 pm
- Seniors' Day @ Bernardsville Library Fri, Jun 7, 10:00 am
- Saturday Crafters to Meet @ Bernardsville Library Sat, Jun 8, 3:00 pm
- Never Forget a Password Again: Passwords in the Cloud Wed, Jun 19, 7:00 pm